International 2nd Workshop : Enabling Framework to Support Implementation of GHG Emission Reduction Projects in Oil & Gas Sector
GGFR second workshop on ‘Enabling Framework to Support Implementation of GHG Emission Reduction Projects in Oil & Gas Sector’ was aimed (i) to present prospects of gas flaring reduction and development of potential CDM projects in the oil and gas sector in Indonesia, (ii) to present the main results of the project including the PIN screening process and the PDD development process, (iii) to present the PDD as a real case sample for developing CDM project activities, (iv) to present a CDM guidebook and operation manual for the oil and gas sector, (v) to provide training for oil and gas stakeholders on the institutional rules and procedures for the CDM and the role of various institutions ant the international and national level, (vi) to conclude and wrap up the project.
This workshop was also an opportunity to gather the various stakeholders: Government officials (Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Ministry of Environment, BP Migas, CDM National Commission), Oil & Gas companies, NGOs and the World Bank together to discuss the way forward in the CDM project development for oil & gas sector of Indonesia.
The workshop was officially opened by Mr. Josef Leitmann on behalf of the World Bank Country Director, and was attended by about 55 participants from World Bank, Ministry of Environment, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, DG Migas, BP Migas, consultants, NGOs, and numbers of oil and gas companies.
The first day workshop presented 7 speakers included 2 keynote speeches, delivered by Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources and representative from Ministry of Environment. Other presentations were given by :
- Dr. Franz Gerner (World Bank), “GGFR PPP Indonesia : Lesson Learned from Global Gas Flaring Reduction Effort : GGFR Worldwide Experience”
- Ms. Sulistyowaty (CDM National Commission), “Current Status of CDM in Indonesia – Project Description”
- Mr. Richard Fuller (Pendawa Consultama), “Potential Gas Flare Reduction Projects”
- Mr. Doug Russell (Natsource), presented “Carbon Market Update” and “The PIN Selection”
- Mr. Djatnika (PT. Medco LPG Kaji), presented “PDD of Kaji Semoga”
On second day of the workshop, 3 presentations were given, which are :
- “Presentation of the CDM Guidebook and Operation Manual for the Oil and Gas Sector” , by Ms. Ariesta Ningrum (Natsource)
- “PDD Development : Navigating Pitfalls” , by Ms. Ariesta Ningrum (Natsource)
- “Next Steps of the Project” by Mr. Francois Collignon (Sofreco)